We help customers host applications on the cloud, this includes accounting systems including Tally, ERP software including SAP, and Navision. We host workloads only with leading public cloud providers which are Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
We ensure that the solution is compliant from the licensing standpoint of both cloud providers (e.g., Microsoft) and business systems (e.g., Tally or NAV). We ensure that the system is secure and there’s no open access by implementing VPN and implementing backups.
All these services are fully managed. We perform regular monitoring of system performance, continuously evaluating the security posture, patching systems every month, and perform regular restore drills. And all this is proactive and there have been instances where we approached customers to reduce the server config (and hence reducing the cost) because of less load than expected. That is the beauty of Pay as You Go (PAYG).
I come across a question often from my team that our solution is costlier and also while discussing with customers that we are getting it at a much cheaper price than you are offering then why we should host with you. This bothered me and I decided to find out why our cost is higher than the so-called competition. I took help from one of the potential customers and spoke to the competition. And the following is what I found was making us costlier.
- Competition is using a remote access solution that is not compliant as per cloud or license provider licensing terms. You ask them about it, and they will have no answer. Test it out!
- They are not providing a VPN and the system is open from anywhere. They claim to have a firewall and antivirus but keeping your accounting system open to the whole world is a clear no-no from a business owner perspective.
- They have got into a contract with a third-party data center provider and will give you a server. Your contract is with them and not with the datacenter. There’s no direct control or visibility and shifting to another provider will be a nightmare.
- We enable you to host with major public cloud providers and the contract is between you and the cloud provider. You are the owner of the account. With the portal of Public Cloud, you can see your server and control it and even kick us out if we underperform and onboard another service provider. Think of the visibility and control you have. If I am a business owner, I cannot let my business systems under someone else’s control.
- We provide proactive managed services, so your systems are always running and secure with a data backup which is tested regularly.
- They give a fixed cost per user, our model is PAYG, so you can scale up or down easily.
I hope this gives us and our customers visibility of what you get when you host with us and what you lose when you host with a low-cost provider.